Coaching has always come natural to Lee, and it is what he enjoys most about his career: Helping people learn.
Lee speaks all over the world teaching coaches and fitness professionals. He is regarded as one of the top instructors of multi-directional speed training in the sports performance profession. Lee is not only a creator of athletic movement concepts , but he is also one of the leading teachers of athletic movement. For these reasons, Lee is consistently asked to perform workshops and clinics for schools and organizations all over the world. A coach of coaches, Lee teaches more than just his techniques, he shares his art of coaching with others.
Although he enjoys instructing adults, Lee thrives on working with youth. You can choose from combines, speed camps, and sport specific camps for your young athletes. These events can even be turned into fund-raising events for your organization.
Speaking Options Lee Offers
Lee is frequently asked to teach his multi-directional speed training techniques and methods and multi-directional programming . He is often hired by college strength & conditioning departments, secondary schools, sports performance businesses, travel and club teams, professional organizations, youth organizations and fitness clubs. The tabs below show a highlight of the ways Lee can help you and your organization.
Lee Taft’s Full Day Workshop
This option is available for local or distant presentations and can be scheduled for 4-5 hours in length per day. Additional days can be added.
With Lee’s highly dynamic Full Day Workshop, you won’t be sitting in a chair all day listening to someone speak. Lee will involve you in a learning based approach on a practical, lecture and open discussion format. Lee’s workshops are set up to give you as much learning and experience as possible. You will walk away having an energized approach to training and gain the practical knowledge to make it happen.
Presentations will cover the following:
- Complete warm up system.
- Neuromuscular system priming with Fast Feet Training Methods.
- Multi-directional speed deceleration techniques.
- How to implement Lee’s powerful Medicine Ball Fake Throw Program.
- How to use Low Box Training to masterfully change how athletes change force absorption and production angles.
- How to assess and measure athletes with fun and effective testing models.
- How to use stability landings to train athletes to quickly gain athletic stiffness for great body control.
- Proper jumping and landing training.
- Using Tag and speed games to create competitive speed atmosphere to instantly assess efficient movement.
- Strength training program and lifting technique workshop is upon request.
- Other areas of speed development can be included upon request.
“Lee Taft is a student of athletic movement and is blessed with the ability to see through the complexity of the limitless variations of on field movements that occur in sport and find the common skills that allow for success. The workshop he put on for our staff really drove home the point that coaching movement is about “skills not drills”. He gave us a new perspective on what to look for when watching athletes perform in their sport and during workouts and how we can better tie the two together by creating situations in training that are more competitive, natural and realistic but still require specific technical execution and coaching. We took away concepts that we can easily apply immediately make our off season training more effective.”
-Paul Jackson, Director of Football S&C, Ole Miss Rebels
“Lee performed a two day course at our facility last year. We are a Physical Therapy and Fitness company with multiple locations. He designed a lecture that was pertinent to the Physical Therapist and our Personal Trainers. His knowledge, understanding, enthusiasm and most important his ability to breakdown human movement into simplistic forms made this weekend course truly amazing. We still use many of the exercises, concepts and teaching methods that we learned that weekend. If you are thinking about having Lee come to your facility you couldn’t ask for a better speaker and deliver of this information. He is the Best!”
-Greg Besson, MSPT, Partner at Moore Physical Therapy and Fitness
“Lee Taft is my go-to guy when it comes to multi-directional and true “sports speed” development. Other guys can build get track athletes, but I’m not sure there’s anyone better than Lee when it comes to teaching how to be fast on the court or field.
The best part about Lee is that he’s developed a true system. This isn’t one-size-fits-all – it’s a system that includes progressions and regressions to make sure each and every athlete is getting the best possible result.
Quite simply, I can’t recommend anyone more highly than Lee Taft.”
– Mike Robertson, Strength Coach, Speaker, Consultant, Co-Owner of IFAST
“Lee delivered a great hands-on training session for our coaches that helped us refine our multi-directional speed movement curriculum. Walking though Lee’s teaching progressions for developing and improving multi-directional speed was very valuable for us. We look forward to continuing the relationship we have established with him.”
– Teena Murray, Director of Sports Performance, University of Louisville Athletics
Lee Taft’s Half Day Workshop
This option is available for local presentations only and scheduled for up to 3.5 hours in length.
Information presented is based on the requests and needs of the organization. After a brief consultation with Lee, your needs can be quickly assessed.
Even though a Half Day Workshop is zeroed in to meet your needs, the mission of the workshop is to teach and educate participants to understand the laws of global movement, not just specific. They will be sure to gain knowledge and skills to create effective programs by learning the proven multi-directional speed training programs, systems and methods Lee has use for over two decades..
Topics may include:
- Assessment and Warm-Up Systems
- Stability, Deceleration and Cutting Progressions
- Multi-Directional and Linear Speed Techniques
- Jump and Plyometric/Explosive Training
- Strength and Power/Explosive Training
- Program Design
- Coaching Skills
- And more
“I have been exposed to numerous multi-directional speed and agility coaches in my travels and I can say that Lee Taft is the best in the business. His common sense approach to maximizing first step explosiveness and agility training are exactly what our profession needs. Lee wears his passion on his sleeve and in one conversation with him you will see that he has the knowledge to solve even your most complex problems.”
– Chris Poirier, General Manager, Perform Better
“Our organization (Basketball BC) had Lee make two presentations to over 170 basketball coaches. The feedback I received, as the organizer, was phenomenal. Here are three of the comments; Lee’s multi-directional speed presentation will revolutionize how defense is played in our province. It will probably take 3 years but the people who attended this conference will spread the word. I am sure glad I didn’t start practicing with my team this week because he completely changed my thoughts on how to teach defensive movement. It was the most valuable presentation I have ever attended and I have attended clinics for over 20 years. After attending Lee’s presentation I feel I can help my players become better athletes, and I couldn’t say that before. Fantastic.”
– Mike McNeill, Director of Coaching Development, Basketball British Columbia
Lee Taft’s Speed Camps
Speed Camps are available for local or distant organizations and teams. The majority of camps take place over one or two days and are three to four hours in length.
Lee is well experienced in setting up and running camps for a small number of youth participants to camps with hundreds of youth participants. He has great ability to organize and implement the skill needed to take athletes from a beginning level to a much higher level very quickly. The important factors that Lee addresses during his speed camps is how and more importantly why skills must be performed a certain way. Lee has preached for years that being focused on the drill is a sure way to frustration as where putting the focus on the skills will make every movement clear to athletes and coaches.
Your school or organization may choose a general speed camp or sports specific speed camp
Multi-Directional Speed camps are a great way to raise money, increase excitement for the up coming season and train athletes on current training methods for speed development.
Speed Camps will include:
Complete Dynamic Warm Ups System
- Learn why Lee follows a particular progression.
- Discover how to excite the nervous system to guarantee and great workout, practice or game.
- Find out why taking care of the tissues is first and foremost in all warm ups.
Multi-Directional Speed Techniques
- Discover why Lee’s techniques have changed a culture of training speed.
- Gain an understanding of force production and force reduction.
- Find out why angles are the name of the game.
- Learn Lee’s concept that has changed the minds of some of the most hardened speed coaches.
Stability, Deceleration and Cutting Progressions
- Athletes that learn the keys to gaining stability quickly are so much more effective in cutting and change of direction.
- Find out why Lee constantly preaches deceleration in and of itself isn’t the goal. It is re-acceleration! Lee will show the secrets behind his methods.
Proper Jumping and Landing Training
- We don’t teach jumping until we teach landing. Athlete must land properly for greater performance and safety.
- Lee will teach your athletes the 3 primary joints that need to feed each other during explosive jumping.
- Training jumping and body awareness is what separates the good from the great athletes.
Great athletes and coaches understand the law of “1% better”. This means if they can learn just one thing that makes them 1% better and do this each day, they are going to be amazing in just a few weeks. Lee’s speed camps will make you realize how important this law will be to your success.
“Lee is an excellent teacher, coach, and organizer. I have witnessed Lee run a spectacular basketball camp as well as work one-on-one training athletes. His ability to motivate and inspire athletes is second to none. I would highly recommend Lee for any athletic endeavor, whether to train individual athletes to become his or her very best, or to organize and motivate a team or group of athletes who want to achieve their highest level of performance.”
-Blair Giles, President, JBG Sports Group, President/CEO, Fredette Family Foundation
Guest Speaker Appearance
Guest lecture invites are 40-60 minutes in length and available for local presentations only.
It is well known that Lee can bring new life into program with his inspiring talks on athletic development and long term development programming. However, Lee’s presentations to student and athletes on character, goal setting and striving to be great are worth their weight in gold. Lee makes young people think. He makes them get excited to be more and to work through adversity. Lee makes young students realize their attitude toward anything in life can make all the difference in the world.
When Hiring Lee for one of his inspiring talks simply request a focus for his talk to reach the population he will be speaking to.
Some of Lee’s Lectures Include:
- 7 Points to a Championship Attitude
- Friend Don’t let Friends Run Slow
- Be Bully Free
- No One Makes You Feel Bad
Here is list of some types of organizations who have taken advantage of this option include:
- Sports groups/teams looking to educate parents and coaches
- Middle Schools and High Schools
- Universities and Colleges providing information to physical education students
- Universities and Colleges providing information to exercise science or strength and conditioning students
- Professional Organization providing knowledge to their members
- Strength and Conditioning Staff Training
“Thank you for being an important part of are success. Your preparation and professionalism made for a quality presentation for our members have come to expect. We hope that you will think back with pride that you were a major player in this educational experience.”
– Molly Hare, Past President, IAHPERD
“Lee’s presentation on helping students achieve success is sure to inspire. Do yourself a favor and hire Lee to speak. You’ll be thankful you did!”
– James Malinchak, Co-Author, “Chicken Soup for the Athlete’s Soul, Co-Author Chicken Soup for the College Soul, Two-Time College Speaker of the Year”
;”Lee is a proven expert on the field and an awesome coach from the platform. He will put your students on the FAST track to success!”
– Jonathan Sprinkles, National College Speaker of the Year, APCA, Author, “The 7 Secrets of Successful Student Leaders”
Now You Can Hire Lee
To request more information or to schedule a consultation with Lee about your organization or event, please fill out the form below.